Welcome to the R.E. Mountain Athletics Webpage. The athletic program at R.E. Mountain Secondary School, grounded in integrity, promotes character development and collaboration. We believe that athletic competition is a powerful teacher. Physical and mental challenges in a team context offer athletes the opportunity to develop leadership skills, self–confidence and a commitment to others that will inspire them to lead productive and active lives.
All student athletes’ parents/guardians must complete the Medical Form as well as agree to R.E. Mountain Athletics Code of Conduct.
Participation on any team will require a payment of an Athletic Fee. This fee covers expenses such as scorekeepers, officials, league fees, tournaments, uniform and equipment replacement, etc.
British Columbia School Sports (BCSS) governs high school athletics across the province. They make all decisions regarding athlete eligibility. When a student enter Grade 9 and is registered with BCSS, the school they are registered with becomes their “Home School”. Any movement to another school will require approval from BCSS. Depending on the circumstances of the move this process may be as simple as submitting a simple form or it may require a more rigorous application/appeal process.
- Measure the success of our program by the degree to which individuals and teams embody our district’s core values.
- Staff teams with coaches of good character, with competence in teaching technical skills and who possess the ability to motivate and relate positively to student athletes and adults.
- Celebrate the joy of competition and the benefits of physical fitness.
- Develop individual athletes and teams that are constantly improving, hard–working, disciplined and schooled in the fundamental aspects of their sport.
- Allocate equipment and resources to support the mission of the program equitably and appropriately for participants of each gender at all skill levels.
- Provide a safe environment for all athletic activities.
- Produce teams that are competitive and strive to win.
- Offer a variety of team sports and encourage a breadth of athletic experiences.
- Expect all members of the R.E. Mountain community to demonstrate respect for opponents, officials and the rules of competition.
- Develop in athletes an appreciation for the specific traditions, rules and cultures of their sport.
- Build healthy, enjoyable and supportive team environments based on trust.
Fans Code of Conduct
R.E. Mountain strives to encourage good sportsmanship throughout our athletic program, and this includes good fan behaviour. We expect all spectators at our contests to be respectful of players, coaches, officials, and other spectators. Fans are encouraged to applaud the efforts of their team and should not engage in any behaviour that is critical, distracting, or derogatory toward opponents or officials. We believe it is imperative to let the players, coaches, and officials play the game. Fans can be an “extra person” for their squad, supporting and cheering on their side, but our school will not permit any behaviour that detracts from the proper conduct of the game or disadvantages a player or team.
- New Gymnasium Mural! November 30, 2020-
- R.E. Mountain’s Sun Run Team January 10, 2018- Join the R.E. Mountain Sun Run Team Today! It’s that time of year again! All staff, students, and members of the R.E. Mountain community are invited to sign up for the 34th annual 10km Vancouver Sun Run on Sunday April 22, 2018. Let’s beat last year’s participant total of 100! Register early and save $$.... Read more »
- Zach and Tate Wyatt 1st and 2nd in XCountry – BCs! November 5, 2017- A huge congratulations to the Sr. Boys Cross Country Team who finished second in team competition at the BCs this weekend. Zach and Tate Wyatt came in 1st and 2nd with times of 23:17 and 23:18 with Felix Allen, Jordan Shmidt, Danny Lee, Brydon Pires and Kenneth Xing contributing to the effort. It was a... Read more »
- Senior Cross Country Wins District and Fraser Valley! October 23, 2017- Mountain’s Cross Country team had a strong showing at the Fraser Valley Championships last week at Crescent Park. In heavy rain and wind, athletes competed against a field of roughly 200 runners per division. Congratulations to all these athletes for showing such grit!! Junior Boys Wade Alton, Caleb Federau and Lance Pablo all finished strong... Read more »
- Senior Girls Volleyball 2nd in REMSS Invitational October 16, 2017- The Senior Girls’ Volleyball team came in 2nd in the first REMSS Invitational Tournament and Pep Rally for this year. Hundreds of students crowded the gym for the pep rally to support our Eagles who fought valiantly, but were edged out by St. John Brebeuf. The girls gained ground through the tournament getting a seat... Read more »
- A Great Basketball Season for our Eagles! February 20, 2017- Congratulations to the R.E. Mountain Jr. Boys Basketball Team, Coach Weiss and Assistant Coach Adimora for an outstanding regular season leading them to the Fraser Valleys and ultimately landing 2nd in the Fraser Valley Tournament. Highlights since Christmas include them winning the GP Vanier Invitational Tournament, coming in second place in the R.E. Mountain Invitational... Read more »
- Eagles Soaring to Provincials May 26, 2016- Our Eagles are truly soaring, as they’ve proven to us many times before. Big strides are racing towards us in Track and Field news, as Mountain has five athletes qualifying for Provincials! Xavier Soh placed 6th in the Fraser Valley’s and helped teammates Jordan Schmidt, Zac Wyatt and Tate Wyatt secure the 1st place in... Read more »
- This Week In Eagle Athletics… April 19, 2016- Kicking off this past weekend, the Senior boys rugby team experienced the first annual Friday Night Lights Rugby at Rodery Stadium and had a seat clenching game against Mouat. At the half, the score was 6-5 for Mountain, and fans held their breath in suspense, later to erupt with applause as Sam Wegart sent field goal... Read more »
- This Week in Eagle Athletics (Apr. 4-8) April 18, 2016- Confident at the line, the R.E. Mountain Jr Boys Rugby Team kicked off an impressive past couple weeks with technique and admirable agility. Last Wednesday, the boys ploughed down the field and past the try-line almost more times than could be counted. D.W. Poppy experienced our finest; Mountain boys winning with a mind boggling score of... Read more »
- This Week In Eagle Athletics February 23, 2016- In our nest, basketball season has swished and scored its last basket this past week. The Junior Boys successfully qualified for the Fraser Valley’s, and increased Eagle Nation’s population into the second rounds of the playoffs. Their last game was a real nail biter against well known rivals Walnut Grove. Our Senior Boys also impressed us... Read more »